Friday, August 29, 2008

The World is Changing!

I watched the video "Did you Know" by Fischbowl and was very shocked by the statistics they showed. I always thought that the U.S. was the best country and we were so much better than every other country. I always thought that the U.S. was the smartest nation and we dominated over all other countries. This video i thought made the U.S. look somewhat ignorant. Our college rate was lower and most people that live in the U.S. are not fluent in another language. I think that is because we think we are so superior to other countries and think everyone should speak English. i also did not know how strong Great Britain was or how educated India and China are.Knowing that just blows my mind.

I didn't realize that people skipped around from different jobs and careers as much as they do. Once i get my degree in Elementary Education I plan on finding a good school and staying employed at that school until i retire. I like the comfort of having one job and staying their and not having to start over at multiple schools. I can't understand why people change jobs so much.

Technology has grown so much over such a short period of time. The statistics that i read from the video i thought were outrageous. Technology is really taking over the world. Before too long we will use technology for everything. I am a big fan of technology and take full advantage of it, but i really fill like maybe people would not know what to do without their cell phones, tv, and computers. The one thing that scares me is what if something major happens and it shuts down all of our electronics and things powered by satellites? I think the world would go into a state of chaos. The world is a changing place and technology has really taken over and affected everything and changed how we do things.

No comments: