Monday, November 24, 2008

Experiences in Blogging

I decided to view Lisa Frye's EDM 310 blog for this post. She was one of the people in class that kept up with her blog throughout the semester like i did so i thought her blog would be interesting and not rushed. Lisa's blog was a lot like mine. Most of our assignments were all the same besides a few where we got to look up our own schools to write about. Overall all of our blogs look the same, just a little difference in views as what we saw from our assignment.

Lisa's views and ability to write well made her blog very readible. You could tell she knew what she wasn't writing about and had completed each assignment thoroughly. I read her views on podcasting and she took a different approach to that assignment than i did. I talked about individual groups and what they could do different and she found the biggest plus or minus and focused on that. She was saying how Dr. Strange was involved in one of the podcasts and how it enhanced it and she wished he had particpated in all of them. I agree completely. I wished he would have gotten involved in my groups' podcast and gave us his thoughts because i think it would have enhanced ours greatly.

Things that could have been improved on our blogs were the assignments. I think he could have gave us more options on choosing what we wanted to write about. Lisa's blog looks alot like mine and i am sure all of them do too. If someone looked at our class blogs they would only want to read one of them because no one wants to read about the same thing over and over. I would never by choose read twenty of the same thing just worded different so i think if they were all different blog readers would be more prone to stop by our blogs and read more of them.

I loved doing the blog even though i didn't like some of the assignments. I had never blogged before and it was alot of fun. I like to write even though i am not great at it. The blog made the class fun and i liked tha it was something i could do at my own pace instead of in class. I never knew there were so many blogs and people writing until EDM 310. Also alot of the assignments i did like. I enjoyed reading about the Edutopia and Randy Pausch last lecture. I learned alot about technology and education through blogging. Overall i think the blog was a lot of fun and i learned a lot.

No comments: