Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wikipedia Can't Be Trusted!!

I read all the articles about Wikipedia from the NPR and Wired and i was really shocked. I knew that when i was in high school all my teachers always said not to use Wikipedia, but i never knew why. I always just stayed away from the site because my teachers always made it sound like the devil or something. Now i know why they didn't want me to use Wikipedia for sources. I mean anyone could just go on the site and put whatever they wanted.I thought it was kind of funny that all the companies are changing all the negative things written about them. I kind of wish there was something written about me on Wikipedia so i could go in and edit it. The only difference between me and these major corporations is that i would go use someone else's computer so it wouldn't get traced back to me. You would think that if a corporation was going to change public documents that they would at least be smart enough to go to a computer that would not get traced back to them. I am glad that Virgil Griffith made that scanner to catch all these companies trying to false advertise to the public. I know now not to trust anything that Wikipedia says. I think if i get bored one day i might just go on there and change all kinds of things. Its definetely a thought, anyways.

No comments: