Monday, September 15, 2008

April 2007-Blogging 1984-with Parents

a picture of a man's face and it says big brother is watching you
I was very interested in the blog about the project the girls did on 1984. I thought that if Mr. Fisch did a blog about someone else's work being good that it was worth checking out. When i began reading Fisch's thoughts on the girls' blog i had no clue anything about the commercial or the book 1984. I really looked through this blog thoroughly and all the links to find out what they were talking about. I watched the commercial and the spoof with Hillary, which i thought was disrespectful, especially seeing Obama's name at the end on the credits. Anyways after i got done searching through Fisch's blog i then searched Maura and Anne's blogs and then googled the book 1984 to find out what the book was about. After all this research i finally had a full understanding of the project like the students and the parents in the class did.

This was a very interesting way of getting everyone involved in the book 1984. It definitely got the students thinking and probably inspired them to read the book with their parents instead of looking up spark notes before the due date. I learned alot about history and 1984 just by this blog and finding out what 1984 was about. I am very against a government being in complete power, which was what the book 1984 was about. The commercial looked very controversial and to make a spoof of Hillary Clinton being the dictator and trying to rule the country was ridiculous i thought. This kind of thing really gets people thinking and the whole idea of the book 1984 blew my mind and was almost kind of scary and to say that if Hillary was elected it would be like the book is preposterous to me. No one can take over that much in the U.S. The idea of that is a bit extreme to me. I am glad i read this blog though, because i did not know about any of this. After reading it and doing some research on the book i feel a little more up to date in history and politics, being that i never had to read this in high school. From what i read this was a very controversial subject and book. I wish i had been made to read 1984 in high school and do a project like the blog Anne and Maura did. I think i would have really benefited from projects such as these.

No comments: